Thursday, April 7, 2011

Papa John 10miler

At the end of March we ran the 10mile race along with Mike's dad. Again, our times were nothing to brag about in relation to last year but certainly another big accomplishment. Mike wasn't too terribly off his pace but was still not the happiest with his performance. I on the other hand ran 2min/mile slower this year which I had anticipated being the case. Following the 10k I had a great deal of hip pain so went into the 10mile knowing that in that in terms of having appropriate healing and recovery from 3 births in a short period of time that I shouldn't put too much force on my hips by running 10miles on pavement. I essentially warmed up for three miles and then ran intervals for the next 5miles doing 10min on (jogging) followed by 5min off (power-walking) then finished off the race running the last 2 miles at a faster pace and was actually able to finish the last mile just under 8min pace so that was the highlight of my run. Doing intervals definitely made it a challenging workout style run but ultimately led to a much slower time than last year with the added walking. Hopefully next year I can pick up the pace again and get some good performances! Here is our family post race shot!

No comments: